Email your resume and letter of interest to email@example.com.
Security Officer and Facilities Manager
Reports to: Director/Assistant to Director
FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Provides security for all museum buildings, grounds, staff and visitors. Flexible and available for after-hours and weekend special events as necessary. Must maintain a professional attitude and a high degree of confidentiality.
Responsible for building and grounds maintenance, and assists with installation and de-installation of exhibitions, which occur periodically throughout the year.
- High School diploma
- At least 3 years experience in a related position
- At least 2 years experience in a museum or gallery setting preferred
- Experience in construction and woodworking
- Experience in design and lighting a plus
- Experience working with and engaging with the public
- Ability to work in an environment with diverse staff and visitors
- Strong knowledge of power tools and materials such as wood, plexiglass and acrylic
- Basic skills in handling art, carpentry and fabrication, and/or exhibit preparation a plus
- Basic knowledge of art storage and display methods, techniques and procedures
- Ability to lift, carry and otherwise move up to 40 pounds on a regular basis
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, kneel, reach, push, pull, or walk for various lengths of time throughout the day
- Ability to utilize computer equipment to complete daily work responsibilities
- Ability to operate fax/copy machines, telephone, calculator and general office equipment
The above statements reflect the general duties and responsibilities considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job. This document should not be considered a fully detailed description of all the work requirements of the position. The Wheelwright Museum may change the specific job duties with or without prior notice based on the needs of the organization.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT
The Wheelwright Museum is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. It is our policy to encourage and support equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants without regard to age, sex, race, color, ancestry, religious creed, national origin, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, individual genetic information, disabled veteran or Vietnam Era Veteran Status.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT
Applicants as well as employees who are, or become, disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The organization shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.