Job Title: Public Relations Manager
The ideal Public Relations Manager will oversee all media, create promotional materials and advertising, send out communications to the press, and maintain the website and social media. This position requires regular interaction with museum staff including the director, the assistant to the director, the curatorial department, and the Case Trading Post manager; as well as the leadership of the museum’s volunteer groups, including the Friends of the Wheelwright Museum, the Collectors’ Circle, and the Auction Committee.
College degree or comparable work experience
Knowledge of Native American art and related subjects is imperative.
Strong written and oral communication skills
Excellent ability to work with a team
Strong interpersonal, planning, and organizational skills
Ability to work independently and/or collaboratively with others to achieve overall goals and objectives
Photography skills necessary, video skills a plus
Basic knowledge of website management (WordPress desired)
Basic knowledge of email marketing (Constant Contact desired)
Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
Proficiency in word processing software
- Maintain professional brand identity for the museum
- Create and implement PR strategies as needed
- Collaborate with organizers to obtain and create descriptions for events and exhibitions. Edit, copyedit, and write information. Communicate with presenters, artists, and others as needed for PR materials
- Create and distribute press releases and images
- Develop good working relationships with the media; response quickly to media inquiries
- Create and send out emails via Constant Contact for announcements, programs, exhibitions, and more
- Submit calendar listings to publications and online resources (Such as Pasatiempo, the Santa Fean, the Santa Fe Reporter, etc.)
- Photograph events, artists, and artwork, and coordinate with contract photographers as needed, such as for exhibition object photography
- Create promotional materials, including invitations, brochures, flyers, and more
- Create advertising for the museum and coordinate with ad reps for local, regional, and national media
- Design signage, labels and text panels, for exhibitions.
- Create signage for the museum as needed. Coordinate with contractors as necessary
- Coordinate with vendors on print jobs.
- Update social media (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram).
- Update and maintain the website
Help organize and set up special events as needed
Share images with artists on request
Additional duties as assigned by the director, or as needs arise with other staff
Promotion for 2-5 exhibitions yearly
Promotion for Annual Benefit Auction events
Promotion for Case Trading Post sales and special events
Promotion for all Friends lectures and special events; and for special tours (Sept-May)
Promotion for Collectors’ Circle events to limited group (3-4 events yearly)
Promotion for First Free Sundays
Promotion of Special Events, i.e. 80th Anniversary; Community Day annually, etc.
Promotion for Book Club (Sept-May)
Exhibition support – labels and text panels, artist guides as needed; photography
Photography for auction; Live Auction pieces, catalogue
Please e-mail resumes to email@example.com.