Founded in 1937, the Wheelwright Museum is a private, nonprofit corporation.The Wheelwright is New Mexico’s oldest independent nonprofit museum, open seven days a week. Almost 30 percent of our operating funds come from donors like you. Your tax-deductable contribution supports exhibitions, publications, and other public programs that bring unique scholarship, insight, and commitment to the presentation of Native American art and culture.
You can support the Wheelwright in many ways:
- Help us to secure a dynamic future by remembering the Wheelwright Museum in your will.
- Ask your broker to transfer shares of stock to the Wheelwright.
- Contributions to The Annual Fund provide essential operating support, freeing us to expand and improve our exhibitions, publications, acquisitions, and other programs.
- Our Annual Benefit Auction, held the Thursday and Friday before Indian Market, is the Wheelwright’s biggest fund-raiser and one of Santa Fe’s most popular summer events. Your donations of jewelry, pottery, textiles, and other collectible Native American art objects make it happen. We welcome cash donations as well.
- If you wish to make a donation in memory of a family member or a friend, please add information in the notes field.
For more information on these or other opportunities to support the Wheelwright, please contact Jean Higgins, Assistant to the Director, at email@example.com or at 505-982-4636 ext. 103.